Monday, June 17, 2013

Doing Something

Hello friends,

Well here goes another week! I hope that you have had a blessed weekend. Mine certainly was life changing. My siblings and I went to two, yes TWO, Hillsong concerts this week. We couldn't get enough. The first one was in Dallas, but then we were hungry for more so we drove to Oklahoma City Saturday night for more.

It is absolutely heavenly to sing with all your heart and dance in the freedom of the Lord. I remember someone saying that if all Heaven is is singing to God 24/7 they don't want to go there. Well person who said that...if Heaven is only singing to God 24/7 then may I die today and begin immediately singing to him for the rest of all eternity. To sing in harmony with the Angels and all creation...Holy, Holy, Holy!!! I will never ever tire of singing to my most beloved, sweet sweet Lord and Savior.

That brings me to the life changing moment. About two weeks ago, I saw a movie trailer for Girl Rising. It is a campaign to raise awareness of the 66 million girls who do not have access to an education. The film follows 9 girls from 9 different countries. As I watched the trailer, something stirred deep within me.

For my college years, as I studied to become a teacher, I never really knew why I chose the major. I fought it for a couple years. But last week for the first time in my life I KNEW why God led me to become a teacher. This is why:

This precious girl's dream is to be what I already am. It was one the most humbling moments in my life. I have what many people dream of. What am I doing?

That question cut straight to my spirit. What am I doing?

It was in the moment I decided. I am going to do something. I am going to finally turn and look to my God and say, "Lord. I am ready. Send me."

I am saying YES to the Lord. I am ready to leave myself behind and follow Him. I'll walk the narrow road, hard and steep. I'll fall but grace will pick me up. HE is worth it. These precious little children are worth it.

I feel like I grew up last week. Like I grew into myself, who God made me. These past two years, I've begun seeing the fighter inside of me. I used to be so timid and fearful, shy and quiet. As I saw this warrior spirit within me, I became confused and didn't understand why God put this in me. But now I do, and I want to do something with this spirit God put in me. I am strong, brave, bold, and powerful because I have the very Spirit of God within me.

I have a roll in the redemption story of God.

"Each person is given something to do to show who God is." 1 Corinthians 12:7

I have something to do. You have something to do. Well I'm ready to do it. I'm ready to leave behind comfort, luxury, 1st world problems, and all the rest. I am ready to go. I told the Lord this. And what I heard broke my heart.

He told me, "Patience." And I butted in and said, "No, Lord! Please no, I'm ready!! Give me my orders. I'm so ready Lord. " Again and again He said wait, and I refused. Then he said, "Do you not think that I know my plan for you? Do you not think that I know the perfect timing? Do you not know that I will not make you wait one second longer than is necessary? Be patient, child. Do what is before you now, faithfully. My plan for you is near. Press into me. Prepare. For it will come."

I then was reminded that Jesus' ministry didn't begin until he was 30. I found such comfort in that. So I have been told to wait. But I will not wait quietly. I will do what I can in this place I am. I will support the orphans, I will give of what I have to change a life directly. I will look for the poor and needy around me and start there. But  most importantly, I will pray.

"Man is most powerful on his knees." - Corrie Ten Boom

"Prayer is more powerful than the forces that hold the planets in place. It can suspend the laws of the universe. There is no other power on earth that the enemy of souls hates and fears as he does prayer. 'satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees." - Matilda Andross

I see that God is giving me time to prepare even more, to know His word more, and yes...to pay off my student loans. Those dreadfully burdensome loans. But I believe in His faithfulness, and know that someway somehow He will provide for me to do so. I will work hard and faithfully in order that I might go whole-heartedly to the place that He calls me, whether it be here in America or in the mountains of Peru. I won't have loans weighing over my head. I will be free to live and love. I will be free to focus on Him and His redemption plan.

I am finally coming to understand James 1:27, "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

This verse is my commission. There are 66 million girls who are being enslaved, abused, and married before the age of 15. I am called to rescue my sisters, to educate them, but most importantly to show them the REAL love of Jesus Christ, the Living God.

So are you ready? Are you ready to look at the Father and say, "Lord send me?" Perhaps you already have, and you are living out your calling already. Praise the Lord, and amen! How incredible! May the Lord bless your work and use you in mighty ways!

If you haven't yet, here are some ways to work alongside the Lord and follow His commission.

Pray - This is the most powerful and important part. Pray for countries, people groups, governments, etc. to experience the love and power of our Living God. Ask God to give people personal encounters, whether it be dreams and visions or interactions with believers, anything to open their eyes to the Savior.

Give - Here are some wonderful organizations that are already working for the Lord all around the world. I've had personal experience with them all and love them!

Research - Find a cause you are passionate about. There are thousands that you can support. Find out more about those passions or places you love and ask God how you can spread His Word through that interest.

Share - Tell everyone about what the Lord has led you to do and the amazing things He has done through it. When you are excited and passionate about it, others will become excited too.

For every person who is enslaved around the world, there are 85 believers (A21). What if every believer did something? "No one can do everything, but everyone can do something." - A21

You and I are everyone. We can do something. 2 Chronicles 16:9 says, "The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." 

Take the step to do something. God will not let you fall. He is looking for one person. One person who will answer his question, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" Will you be the one who says, "Here I am, Lord! Send me!"(Isaiah 6:8)?

No comments:

Post a Comment